The City of Regina Leaf and Yard Waste Depots are in full swing again. The City of Regina has four depots throughout the city where residents can drop off their leaf and yard waste at no charge. The leaf and yard waste is then brought to our facility to be composted. We love this program! It feels great knowing the waste is being diverted from the landfill and turned into nutrient rich compost. We have a 30 acre facility just outside of Regina where we compost all the leaf and yard waste from The City of Regina depots AND we accept material throughout the year from residents and commercial haulers. For more information on fees and hours of operation contact Karen @306-535-0501. The following is information from The City of Regina website in regards to the leaf and yard depots.
Dates, Times and Guidelines
*Please note depots are open on Saturdays only*
Leaf and Yard Waste Depots will be open on Saturdays from September 26 to November 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please bring your leaf and yard waste in paper bags. We encourage the reduction of plastic bags at our depots.
- Michael A. Riffel High School – 5757 Rochdale Boulevard
- Kinsman Park South – Parking lot between Kings Road and Lakeview Avenue
- 500 Arcola Ave – Between Victoria Avenue and Winnipeg Street
- Douglas Park Elementary School – 635 Douglas Avenue
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste (plant and vegetable waste)
- Bush/shrub trimmings
- Branches (not branches from elm trees) up to one inch thick
- Branches from elm trees (leaves and small twigs from elm trees are allowed)
- Full trees
- Kitchen food waste
- Pet waste
We’re proud to say that we diverted 9.5 metric tonnes of material on Saturday September 26, 2015 already. That’s 9500 kgs or 20,000 lbs! That’s a lot of leaves. Way to go Regina!
- Posted by Karen
- 0 Comments